My 2017 Goals – December
So that’s it, 2017 is behind us and what a year it was!
In 2017 I’ve set a lot of goals. I must admit some of them were pretty ambitious, not far from unrealistic. But you never really find out what you’re capable of if you set easily achievable goals. I did my best and achieved more than I thought I would.
Achieving goals is exciting and fulfilling. What’s even more important is what we learn on the way to achieving them and who we become as a result.
The joy and glory of achieved goals will fade away, but who we’ve become will stay.
What I learned in 2017
- Focus on yourself and don’t worry about others. There is no competition in being true to yourself.
- Trust your gut instinct – if it doesn’t feel right then it most likely is not.
- Time management is extremely important – if you don’t schedule it in your calendar, it probably won’t happen.
- Delegate what can be delegated. Other people can do a great job, too.
- Take time to recharge and spend time doing things purely for joy. I’m very good at putting my head down and work crazy hours but if I don’t feel tired doesn’t mean I’m not.
- Let go of perfectionism. 99% of a perfect thing is useless.
- Believe in the process, stay focused, stay committed, keep going one step at a time.
- Doubt comes and goes. Don’t hang on it.
This year has been incredible.
Financially, I’ve had the best year in my life, tripling my previous year.
I’ve worked with incredible clients and watched them achieving very inspiring results. I’m extremely grateful for it. Thank you.
What I need to improve in 2018
- Better work-life balance. Allowing myself to take time off, unplug, spend more time reading, with music, other people, in nature.
- Being more organised. More spreadsheets. YES!
- Spending time with time wasting activities. Yes, I’m guilty too.
- Be bolder and pushing my comfort zone more aggressively.
- Talking less.
- Focusing more on my health and fitness. I want to get in a great shape.
- Eat more raw food, vegetable and fruit. Avoiding processed and junk food more.
- Have better morning routine and being more disciplined with it.
- Read more.
- Starting less and completing more.
- Being more creative and produce more content.
Below are my goals for 2017 along with the final status.
I got very close to my target with several of my goals, which may be ok, but OK is NOT enough! 😉
✴️ I’m on track
🆘 Not completed
⚠️ On Hold
ℹ️ Additional info
✅ I will easily complete Dent – Campain Driven Enterprise training
(Attended in January 26th)
✅ I will easily complete Dent – Get Sales training
(Attended in June 23rd)
✅ I will easily be enrolled in Dent – Key Person of Influence program by December 31st, 2017
(Enrolled into KPI22 in August 2017)
✅ I will easily generate income of £10,000+ in one month before December 31st, 2017.
(Accomplished in July 2017 – £11,400)
✅ I will easily have a reliable lead generation strategy that creates at least 15 leads per month by March 31st, 2017
✅ I will easily make two new business or personal connections each month.
(I’m pretty consistent with this goal. I love making new connections.)
ℹ️ If you want to expand your social or professional circle, make it a habit to regularly connect with people in that field or common interests. It may be online or offline. An important part is that you don’t do it just to get/take but also to bring/give. You need to be a person of value. Whether it’s skills, knowledge, support, friendship, connections, be someone who adds value to others.
🆘 I will easily complete GetResponse 10,000 mailing list program by December 31st, 2017
I have not completed this goal simply because I did not focus on it enough. There were many things on my plate and I had to prioritise. But growing my mailing list will be a big focus in 2018.
✅ I will easily release at least fortnightly newsletter to my mailing list
🆘 I will easily write a minimum of 24 blog posts by December 31st, 2017
November – 22 published
December – 23 published
I fell short by one post.
🆘 I will easily reach website traffic to 3000 visitors per month by December the 31st 2017
ℹ️ An ambitious goal. Being on holidays for more than half of December I took a break from social media which had an effect on traffic on my website. This goal remains for 2018.
✅ I will easily reach 10,000 followers on my Twitter by December the 31st 2017
✅ I will easily reach 10,000 connections on my LinkedIn by December the 31st 2017
🆘 I will easily reach 6000 followers on my Instagram by December the 31st, 2017
ℹ️ As I’ve been focusing on my LinkedIn and Twitter, I put Instagram on hold at the moment. Naturally, I’ve lost several followers this month.
🆘 I will easily post 30 short videos on my Instagram by December the 31st, 2017
ℹ️ Instagram was a secondary focus.
🆘 I will easily increase my mailing list to at least 1000 by December 31st, 2017
ℹ️ So close!!!
✅ I will easily run a seminar or workshop abroad by December 31st, 2017
ℹ️ Ran a corporate workshop for the management team of UGEC in the Philippines in December 2017.
🆘 I will easily enrol at least 40 new clients by December 31st, 2017
December: 38 (I was working only 2 weeks in December).
🆘 I will easily run at least 150 consultations by December 31st, 2017
🆘 I will easily create and run a signature program/workshop #OKisNOTenough by December 31st, 2017
ℹ️ This goal became secondary and was not possible to fit into my schedule.
But it will be one of my primary goals for 2018!
HEALTH & FITNESS
✅ I will easily work out at least 3x per week
(I’m pretty much 100%. 2 kickboxing classes a week and one free-style workout.)
✅ I will easily do 5-minute posture exercise every day
✅ I will easily dedicate at least 1h every Sunday for myself
(Wouldn’t miss this for the world)
✅ I will easily test intermittent fasting for at least two weeks.
ℹ️ I’ve been continuing fasting one day a week regularly since then. Some weeks I skip it but it’s surprisingly refreshing and I feel it’s good for me in many ways. Try it.
✅ I will easily complete 10 1-day fasts Between September and December 31st,2017
✅ I will easily sign up for martial art classes by December 31st, 2017
(Completed a 2-month kickboxing workshop in August and another one October-November)
🆘I will easily weight 80kg by December 31st. Starting weight 84.6kg.
December: 82.3kg the lowest.
🆘 I will easily run 5km under 20 minutes by December 31st, 2017. Starting time 23:38
September best: 22:58
October best: 22:21
November best: 20:50 (EPIC PROGRESS!)
🆘 I will easily do 20 pull-ups by December 31st, 2017
September best: 8
October best: 10
✅I will easily do 50 push-ups by December 31st, 2017
September best: 32
MIND & EMOTIONS
✅I will easily complete at least 150 meditation sessions by December 31st, 2017
✅I will easily read 12 books by December 31st, 2017
ℹ️ Below is a list of books I’ve already completed reading and the ones with the ✅ are recently finished.
1) How to Have a Good Day: Think Bigger, Feel Better and Transform Your Working Life
2) The Prosperous Coach: Increase Income and Impact for You and Your Clients
3) When Breath Becomes Air
4) The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
5) Alien: Invasion
6) Astrophysics for people in a hurry
7) Welcome to the universe: An astrophysical tour
8) Challenging Coaching: Going Beyond Traditional Coaching to Face the FACTS
9) The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
10) Man’s Search For Meaning
11) Challenging Coaching
12) Shoe Dog
13) Originals: How Non-conformists Change the World
14) The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down
15) ✅ The Happiness Advantage
16) ✅ Sleep: The Myth of 8 Hours, the Power of Naps and the New Plan to Recharge Your Body and Mind
17) NOW READING: Blue Ocean Strategy
18) NOW READING: The Art of Coaching
✅ I will easily practice daily gratitude ritual
✅ I will easily practice visualisation every day.